What is it with people being so against Valentine's Day?

I know it was a holiday totally created by Hallmark, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it and get fun out of it. I see so many people saying that they don't need a special day to express their love, and neither do I, but it's FUN to have an extra holiday. Are these people just bitter because maybe they don't ever get treated special on Valentine's Day, and they want to be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know, because I like the holiday. It's not one of my favorites, and it's not the only day that my husband does something special for me, but I'm not against it at all. Matter if fact, the things we do on VD are usually the same things we do many time of the year, but why not partake in the fun? Maybe it's the anticipation of what he's going to do every year that's exciting. Last year he took me out to dinner, to a martini bar, then back to a suite at the nicest luxury hotel in the city here, where he had wine, a necklace, and roses waiting. Cheesy and cliche, yea, but I loved it. Sometimes it's fun to do the cheesy stuff. While I think that a lot of the VD stuff isn't romantic, it was romantic bc any day of the year is so with him, so the fact that it was actually a "holiday" didn't make much different in that area.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I don't know anyone against Valentine's Day.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Well, be prepared. I'm sure you're going to see some on here, Gailll.
    Anonymous

• Nope anon,you got it wrong.Some people just don't like the holiday because it feels forced upon you.The ones that are bitter IMO are the ones alone on that day.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I think that is it exactly for me. I've always wanted the whole schpeel-flowers, candlight, romance. I havn't gotten any of that ever so I think I am a little bitter. :) I remember one year a friend of mine and I went on a road trip in honor of "Puke Day"-which is what we called it-we had a blast! We bought each other flowers and went out to dinner in this fancy resturant. It was cheesy but fun. Now that I have been with someone for awhile now I hope he remembers!
    Anonymous

• I'm not against it, sure its fun. but it really is another day - with more chocolate.

if it was a real holiday you'd get the day off and get OT, but you don't....so....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i dont celebrate it due to religious reasons.
    Anonymous

• I love valentines day...But I am all about getting treated extra special by SO, any day that consists of gifts (giving or receiving) is great for me because I love getting gifts almost as much as I love shopping...lol. I can see where being alone on valentines day is bad. I've spent a few alone in the past...
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Because I see to much and hate this. It is who got the best gift and has the best hubby. That is not what it is about and all it has become. yes it is great to have a fun night but why do you have to do it just on that night. That is another thing I see. women complaining that is the only time they get anything nice.
    Anonymous

• "The ones that are bitter IMO are the ones alone on that day." that is so true. All other holiday are celebrate with family.
    Anonymous