Scheduled Feeding...

Do any of you guys have your LO on a scheduled feeding? I only want answers from those that do (no bashing please). I have my DS on a schedule, and it seems to be working out okay. I only want to know what kind of schedule you have and if it's working, because I want to know if mine is about right or not. I just need to know: how, old is your LO, what is the schedule, how much does your LO eat at each feeding, when LO gets older will you change the schedule any? Please help!

jean_marie1987

Asked by jean_marie1987 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• unfortunally my son isnt on one, i wish he was. but i will tell you about my friends son that i used to baby sit. Hes almost a year now, he was 11mo when i watched him. He ate every 3hours. i would get him around 730 he would eat oatmeal at 8. have a 7oz bottle at 11. 2jars of baby food at 2. and then bottle at 5. It seemed to work with him! If he ever got fussy i would put him in his highchair and give him some crunchies (graduate puffs) & some juice!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If yours seems to be working out ok, then it's right. Scheduling feedings didn't work for me, or for most breastfeeding moms, but it works out ok for some people. Even those who use scheduling do it differently, and the only way to know if it's right or wrong is if your baby is happy and thriving.
    Anonymous

• My son is now 14 months old, but I have 4 kids and I used a 3 hour feeding schedule with all of them. I fed them every 3 hours during the day from 7 am until 10 pm until they were around 2 months old, and then I would feed them at night when they woke up if it had been at least 3 hours since the last time. By 2 months they were all sleeping through the night from 10-7. Around 4 months I introduced cereals and cut out the 10 pm feeding. As more solids were introduced, I gradually started aligning their feedings with normal meal times. By 6-7 months they were on 5 "meals"/day - 3 with solids and breastmilk, 2 snacks of breastmilk.
    We weaned them from breastmilk to milk at 1 yr, but he still gets 3 meals and 2 snacks/day. I basically followed the Babywise schedule, changing it as my schedule and common sense dictated. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• No two babies will have success with the same schedule. If yours is making milestones and dirtying dipes, relax. Your schedule is automatically perfect.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010