I am so sick and dadgum tired of my friends and family that want to see and spend time with my baby

when it is convenient for THEM! I know I should be thankful that I have friends and fam that do want to see her at all....
But my problem is that when it is not convenient for me for them to see her I am the bad guy! I am keeping the baby from them! For cryin' out loud!

Anybody else have this issue? what did you do?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 2:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Set an appointment calendarand tell them the doc has advised this. AND charge admission...a casserole or a chore to see the baby. That will open more slots on the calendar.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes, I do have this problem, only my husband's family lives in California and feels the need to fly out and stay at our house for a week every month and a half. Arrrgg. The only way I've dealt with it is to remind myself that these people love my son, and even though it may get on my nerves, the more people in his life that love him, the better it is for him, and that's what matters most. But yes, I feel your pain.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• gdiamante - will you marry me??? that is a GREAT idea!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My dad was like this, OMG, but he wanted her every minute of every day. I just turned off my phone and locked the door. If it isnt a good time for you, too damn bad. If they want to see her when it IS a good time for you, great. Otherwise they're SOL.
    Anonymous

• yep, thank God the army stationed us out of state 6wks after he was born
    Anonymous

• oh yes and it frustrats me. My FIL(who is retired) thinks hubby should take off work so that we can come and visit him. Even though we do take our week vacation where he lives every year. Yet he complains every time he has to come to us. Even on ther girls birthdays. It just makes me cry.
    Anonymous

• You have in your possession the 8th wonder of the world. As her keeper you don't have the right to keep her away from her public.

My family lives on the West Coast, I live on the Gulf Coast. Ive been there every three months starting at 3 months. The only good thing is if they want to see him, they pay for the plane tickets.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have that too my in laws are our only sitters which has got to stop, and they only sit when it is ok for them or my DH never when I truly need it so I can get something important done. I went on a ride along with a cop over the midnight shift and they wanted me to pick her up afterward and have her all day after not sleeping, my DH convinced them it would be a favor for him so they said oh of course. So we stop letting them have their way, so maybe if they want to spend time with her they will do it when it is needed not when they feel like every time. Why do you need to keep her if I don't want you to or need you to? Frustration I feel you sorry for the rant it just hit a nerve a big one at that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• yes, I have this problem. only with my SO's family though. They always want to see him whenever it's a bad time for us and it's like they make us feel guilty, but whenever we actually want them to see him and take him for a bit, it's like they're too busy to even look his way. just another reason why I hate my SO's family, lol.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 6:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010