Want to take a trip with 8 month old baby! but Where should i go?

Hello mommies,

I want to plan a weekend trip with my hubby and 8 month old baby since i have a 4 day weekend for president's day coming up...but i have no idea where to go. I definetely want to take our baby girl. I was looking into catalina island but doesn't seem to have a lot of things to do there with a baby. any tips and recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks :)

mommy2sophie

Asked by mommy2sophie at 2:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 8 months there isn't really anything you can do with the baby! Sorry to say-I had the same problem. :-(
    Anonymous

• Tucson is beautiful and you can pretty much count on the weather being 60-70 and sunny. There are outdoor and indoor things to do. There is a nice zoo. Prices aren't high.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• zoo, mall, park?
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I think a beach trip would be your best bet - an 8 month old isn't really going to be able to DO much anyway, so while you sit and play at least you can be on the beach!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I took my son when he was 4months to Florida...we went to Sea World with him, the beach....everywhere. He didn't really even mind the 9 hour car trip.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have been to catalina and I think it is perfect you can take her with on all kinds of things, just walking around and taking in the sites there is a blast. Also you could always go to the sandiego zoo of bush gardens I am guessing you are in so. cal? I wouldn't go to Tucson if I were anybody that place is boring and ugly I lived in AZ my whole life and tucson sucks. If I were to go anywhere in AZ i would say the zoos in phoenix they are huge, or the grand canyon lots to do there and outside of it about 50 miles is a place that is flintstone's themed it is pretty neat.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2010