Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does he do this?? Legal question (and a rant!)

So he didn't show up for his last child support hearing - he's almost 20K behind and Child Support Enforcement has been trying to get him in court since last March. In November the Judge said there would be NO more continuances (and I have that in writing!). So he didn't show up in January and a warrant for his arrest was issued. His attorney had the warrant rescinded?!?! and rescheduled the court case for February 23. What happened to NO more continuances and what good is a warrant if he's just going to get it removed? How does that happen?


Asked by missanc at 3:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 43 (163,403 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • missanc, His attorney gets it changed everytime... As far as one of the posters here, needs to "Educate herself" on the law... Who the hell gives a shit if her kids are going to be pissed that mommy had daddy arrested???? He doesn't take care of them, you do!!! There is a father who helped make the kids, but, he sure as hell isn't no DADDY....You damned straight have him arrested... He's delinquent for alot.... These kids didn't make themselves, right?? He's lied like the dog he is to his lawyer, so, don't be shocked it's postponed... You'll get what your after.... This will get real old in front of the Judges real quick.... Besides, if he doesn't show for court, it's automatic for a warrant to go get him.... Worked in courts many years Honey..... Just read posts that help you. All will turn out for you.... Take Care, Donna....You can also leave a message w/the court clerk to have the Judge call you...

    Answer by dobrd at 7:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • So I should work harder while he does nothing. Nice, thank you anon. And it was not ME that had him arrested, it was Child Support Enforcement, thank you. If he was following the law he wouldn't be arrested. But you're right - from now on, we should just let all lawbreakers go free if they are fathers, thank you for your insight.

    Answer by missanc at 3:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • He has a good lawyer unfortunately a good one can pull all kinds of crap, you need to fight fire with fire, and yes anon have his butt arrested he is breaking the law, and the kids don't need to be involved in the dealings of adults. Get real you must have a nice normal life so you wouldn't know what it is like to have a dirtbag not doing what they should.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • you need to get a better lawyer. maybe email the judge who said no more continueance/ i am sorry. and i am sorry that annon people are so freaking rude! if it takes him being arrested to care for his kids. then being arrested would be best for him. and the kids. you cannot make ur ex a better person but you can hold a standard of how your children are to be treated. i think you have done nothing wrong to be bashed like that anon did...

    Answer by AmaliaD at 3:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • My kids bio-mom only pays her support when they catch her,and then only long enough to get them off her back, sadly there are ways around it.

    But I would never want her arrested, what good would it do the kids to have her in jail, and I sure as hell wouldn't be getting any money out of her, so while I feel your frusration jail is probably not the best course of action.

    We also don't rely on her money, if we are lucky to get it...great...if not oh well.

    I really don't care these are our children so regardless of whether or not she pays it is our responsibility. If you stop focusing on the fact that he doesn't pay, it won't be as frustrating.


    Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Are you on PA? Just curious. Sometimes they will keep stringing you along for child support unless you are on PA.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Been there, did this, bought the t-shirt and matching coffee mug, Request that his license be suspended, firmly request that continuance "re-cind" be denied and watch the judge tear him a new one. Good luck ma ma!!!
    I feel your pain!!!

    Answer by Starfire73 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • No, I'm not on PA. But with the problems I'm having with my pregnancy it's looking like I may have to quit my part time job (I have 4 kids total, pregnant with 5th - no, this was not planned), and then we will qualify, although I have some pride problems standing in my way before I apply. But thank you for the responses.

    Answer by missanc at 5:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • If it can be helped at all do NOT apply for PA, because then the state gets all of your child support to include back support owed. For the entire time that you are on PA. I know this because my mom had open heart surgery when I was ten and she got on PA and they got all the back support plus anything owed to her while she was on it, for the duration of her use of PA. And once off of it she sitll did not get the backsupport, it was owed to the state instead, and guess what? The state did a much better job getting him to pay when it was owed to him than when it was owed to her. Good luck mama! And don't listen to naysayers!

    Answer by Galdarisimom at 7:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • guess what all... i have been in a 10 yr custady badle... in 10 years this is what i have learnd the courts do not give a crap about you, the kids, or him... it is who has the money and can pay for the best attorny.... my x has the kids.... he refuses to let me talk to them when they are with him.... he naglects there medical needs.... they are both faling in school.... and as long as he is not being bothered he douse not give a crap what they do... he makes 5000.00 a mo and i make 1000.00 give or take... he can afored the high prised attorny... i represent my self.... my sister payed for me to get a attorny this last time i had him on medical naglect... my attorny said that it was in my best intrest to setal out of court becouse the dr.s would not come to court... take it from me... just let the state dill with him and it they get anything from him so be it... they will garnish his wages... but good luck on the rest...

    Answer by jojolbp at 8:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

Next question in General Parenting

Next question overall (About CafeMom)
Signature help.