How do I deal with in laws that I don't respect?

My husbands family has proven time and time again to be childish and hurtful. They have issues that they need to resolve before I will allow my family to have anything to do with them. I don't feel that my children need to be a part of that behavior. Does anybody else have a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• We don't see my MIL for that very reason.

No loss for us.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• o0o yes i do for sure but instead i live with the ignorant people......they never let me and the hubby have a moments peace and we cant afford to move out the only thing i know to do is to tell them if they have a problem with you then your kids wont be in their life any more the grand parents have no rights at all to your kids so what you say goes and your husband should stand up for you as well mine tries but still is not enough
    Anonymous

• if i tell hubby no we cant really aford it in front of his parents they tell him well its a hobby go ahead son have fun. im like whoa wtf! and they never come to the house to see me or call me they just come to see him which is abnoxious. his mom is annoying and hubby always thinks my mom is im like dude they act the same!!! plus his older sister talk crap about me.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 4:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• oO...Yes! I am through with my MIL for many, many reasons. She is rude, hateful, hurtful, evil, etc. And she pulled the last straw last year, and I'm DONE with her. I told my hubby I don't mind if he talks to her, etc . but don't expect me too because I will not. She has done nothing in our marriage, but BAD, and I'm done with her. I don't deny him to see her or talk to her, because that's his Mom, but I don't have to deal with it. Thankfully though, he sees just how wrong she is, and he doesn't want to have much to do with her either. She is evil, and I mean that, not just being spiteful here, she's just RUDE! And I don't need that in my life or my childrens life. So TaTa MIL!
    Anonymous

• oh brother! im in the same boat. I dislike his mother and father and HATE his sister. I NEVER use the word hate but for his sister i do! I do not want to raise my daughter or son around his sister nor do i even want her to hold my child. I feel that shes filled with hate and bad energy. and get this his mother think shes has the right to be in the delivery room! She and the sister talked shit because i asked for them to vist us 3 weeks after the baby is born because ive heard the 1st 3 weeks are the hardest. Yes, ill be having my mom vist me but its my mother helping me out. Plus my sister is 4 weeks behind me, so my mother wants to be there for my sister in her delivery as well. We live in another stated so they would stay with us during there vist since they dont know what pravicy is. lol but I want my child to to have 2 set of gparnets.. so im really hoping they chaange becaaue im going to have to be bitch if thett dont!
    Desi8232010

Answer by Desi8232010 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes I have some family issues. I just avoid them and one I don't even talk to because he's really bad. He will have to make a move and let me know he's going to try because I refuse to take anymore of his mess. The others they try to pick or make me out to be the enemy because I don't want to be around. But I don't care they can pretend to not know why year after year. But I explained and i'm so over them. I hate the fake relationships that are all about appearances and showing up for parties but not any other time? I said enough of that! If someone isn't in my day to day then I am not going to put in any efforts.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I have a friend that does! Her In Laws are the people from hell, and she won't allow her son to see them. They pick her husband apart, and her as well, and she won't put up with the childish crap.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010