We are excited to try for another baby... but we want to have a boy this time. Any tips or referrals?

Our little girl is three and we really want to try to conceive soon. I know there is a lot of stuff out there that says, 'DO this or DONT do this' Any suggestions or helpful hints?

vlozano84

Asked by vlozano84 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well all I can suggest is PRAY!!! That seems to be the ONE thing I didn't do, and I ended up with 4 boys, lol! Good luck.
    Littlem72

Answer by Littlem72 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• The mans sperm determines the sex of the baby. Period. To be absolutely sure you get a boy Invitro is the only way I know to guarentee a boy or girl result. Hope your loaded because it costs a TON of $$$
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Well I did the chinese calendar for both of my pregnancies and was able to get the girl and then the boy. I agee you can pray about it to whatever religion you have. and I know that they have a thing you can seperate the sperm it spins it (at a doctor) and well your chances are greater. good luck!
    Sarah
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 10:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Boy sperm swim faster and die faster. Girl sperm swim slower and die slower. Have sex on the day of ovulation or the day after, you will MORE LIKELY have a boy.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 10:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• IVF and have the embryologist pick the fastest swimmers from your hubby's sperm sample. That doesn't guarantee a boy, but it increases the odds. You could go to a company in VA, I think (GIVF?) that will do a special process on the sperm that supposedly increases the odds of picking the ones with the Y chromosome.

Or, you could do the low-tech way of having sex right at the time of ovulation, and not in the few days before.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Oops, it's not just the standard IVF. It would be ICSI, where they actually inject a sperm into the egg.
    halfpint_ny

• Don't be fooled by the boys swim faster/die faster, girls swim slower/die slower theory. I was charting my temperature to try to figure out my cycle (not to conceive a boy or a girl) so I KNEW when I ovulated and it was 5 days after we had last been together. Apparently, male sperm CAN live for 5 days...
    melwissa

Answer by melwissa at 1:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• or you were wrong on your calendar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• best answer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Talk to God because he is the only One who can control that....
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 1:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2008