Deep freezer?

Do you have a deep freezer? do you use it enough to justify the purchase?

Bran6903

Asked by Bran6903 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, we love ours!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• if you get one on sale or used its great. we've had ours for YEEEEEEEARS
    Anonymous

• We bought our first freezer at an estate sale many, many years ago. It finally dies after 20 years. We bought a new upright freezer this time. I can't imagine not having one. I can buy when things are on sale . When all you have is a refrigerator with a small freezer you don't have the room to do that. The other thing we found is we could not freeze food for a week for a family of 5. Esp when the boys were eating grown mens portions by age 11 or so. I also go shopping less often because I have more room to freeze. My new freezer paid for itself in usefullness alone. 2 yrs ago we had an ice storm that lasted 9 days. My truck was literally frozen by 4 inch diameter icicles to the driveway. My husband was on a business trip and couldn't get home because of the weather. Everyone else we knew were running out of food. Having to risk driving in severe ice conditions. I never had that worry. because my freezer is well stocked.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We have one and love it!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We have one here and it almost always fully stocked. We're a family of 7 and buy meat and frozen vegetables in bulk. If we didn't have the big freezer we'd only be able to buy enough for a few days. Now we only shop once or twice a month and stock up on frozen stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We just bought one and I think we will use it. My husband finally got tired of food constantly falling out of the freezer, especially after Costco trips
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• twin mommy--------the food flying out of the freezer can be down right dangerous! And why does it always land on your toes? We love our deep freezer and like GrnEyedGrandma said you can really take advantage of sales.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• thanks ladies! think yall have helped us make the descision to get one :)!
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2010