Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


on saterday my daughter got picked up by her dad for his normal visit he was sapost to bring her back on sunday afternoon he is refusig to brng her home and is threatning to leave the state cps and the police will not help and even thow a cop went to cheack on her yesterday and her dad was not there i still cant get her back dose any one know a lawyer that i can contact that can help me or know some one to help im reaching out to every mother, grandmother,any one that has kids i want my baby to come home she is only 4 months old and i need help

Answer Question

Asked by sariahsmommy1 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I don't understand why the cops wouldn't help? I would go to the courthouse and talk to someone their who would specialize in this... Good luck..

    Answer by ali_1107 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • in the state of va if there are no custody papers saying one of us have custody that means we both have the same amount of rights to her and they cant take her i went and filed for custody and now im getting a run around trying to get a emergency hearing my baby is not safe and there doing drugs and a bunch more illegal thing

    Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Yeah, I would go to the magistrate court and speak to someone and maybe go to the police station and refuse to leave until someone helps you. I would be scared to death. I feel for you and hope everything works out. From this point on I would file a restraining order on him and demand supervised visitation.

    Answer by Memigen at 5:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • if he is doing drugs why let her go over there to begin with? tell the police you believe she is unsafe. andin the future dont allow your dd over there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Anon 5:09 PM

    She didn't say anything about him using drugs! Learn to read before you type!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Didn't you file for custody as soon as you got home from the hospital? This is Wed. and you are talking about Sun. afternoon. Has he had her since Sat.? Why is he keeping her? Do you know where she is? I have a friend whose husband is a lawyer but I would like to know more.


    Answer by Gailll at 5:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • lol anon 5:21 yes she did maybe you should learn to read before you type
    "my baby is not safe and there doing drugs and a bunch more illegal thing "
    but sarah call the cops and tell them they are doing drugs over there see what they say then maybe they will go in and search the place or something helpful

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • you did right by going and filing the paperwork, but they need to do something quickly if you feel the father would take off. I would go back to the courthouse and to the police department if you feel your child is unsafe. You would think somebody would do something atleast look into this situation. Don't give up keep going until someone listens. Make sure to get a police report if possible stating you are trying to get your child back, as proof you did not just leave your baby with them. They could turn this against you and say you abandoned your child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.