Gerber Glass Jars

Can a nipple screw onto the gerber baby food glass jars?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have to ask...Why do you need to be able to put a nipple on one? If they can't eat off a spoon, they aren't ready for it. If you are referring to juice, then, I think yes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Haha. Sorry, I should have included more details. I'm wanting to know since I can easily get them for free on FreeCycle. I'd put BM in there. I'm cheap and all about reusing. It's glass so it's not like using used plastic bottles.
    Anonymous

• No. Glass baby bottles are a good idea and sometimes you can find them at yard sales. Of course breastmilk is free and environmentally friendly.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Of course breastmilk is free and environmentally friendly.

how do you know she isnt pumping. i exclusevely pump for ds for 10 mts and used bottles
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Hello! I just said I was going to BM in there!!!
    Anonymous

• Y'all, she said "gerber glass BABY FOOD JARS" ...not bottles. I don't really know if they can or not. Sorry, I misunderstood. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I might have lept to conclusions, but, I did read all your posts properly. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I was saying good things about her breastfeeding!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Lets not turn this into a breastfeeding debate... Breast milk is going in, lets leave it at that. I tried it with my Beech Nut jars and it doesnt work. I dont know about Gerber but you could go buy a small cheap jar and try it out.
    Good idea for reusing the jars! I make my own baby food so I get the jars from my family members and friends and put the food in there. It only stays fresh for a couple of days but it works well for us!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You can still buy glass bottles on line and maybe able to get them on ebay. Unfortunately you cannot screw the lids from bottles onto the baby food jars. The threading is not the same. I believe plastic infant juice bottles you can put a nipple on though. If you are not opposed to using plastic then you could go cheap and recycle that way if you can find some. Throw them in the dishwasher to remove all traces of juice as long as you knew where they were coming from.
    Anonymous