possible nightmares???

My ds is 13w and sleeps relatively well at night. I can easily tell when he's fighting sleep, but for the last week or so he's added a new behavior. He'll be completely asleep and then out of the blue, contort his body and shakes himself back and forth. Sometimes he lets out whines and he usually has a heartbreaking look on his face. Most times he never wakes up during or after this ordeal and when he does wake up (those few times), he instantly cries and wants the breast. My gut tells me that the nursing reflex is more for comfort than for food during these times. Obviously i follow his desire to nurse, i'm just concerned. anyone else have this behavior too? or is he just uncomfortable?

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nightmare
    Anonymous

• my nephew used to do this they did a sleep study on him and he had night terror. The Drs said its like a nightmare but worse and harder for them to wake up from. They told us he may grow out of it but if he doesn't than later on his parents may want to put him on some kind of medicine.
    lildsmommy92908

Answer by lildsmommy92908 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010