over the counter anti-gas for infant

Have you ever used the "anti-gas" infant medicine sold over the counter? If so, how often and how old was/is your baby? My dd had a terrible night last night and I think she had a gasy belly. I'm just wondering if it is safe to use on a 7 week old. I know...call the pedi. Just thought I would check here first. Also, are there any other at home remedies?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 5:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I looooved that stuff when my son was newborn! My doctor said to give it to him as often as necessary since his one week check-up.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yea, I used it from the time he was born. It's safe. Back in the day they use to use sugar water, but I doubt you'd want to use it. Sugar can't be good for a baby.
    Anonymous

• I jused Mylicon infant drops at every other feeding. Perfectly safe and helped tremendously from newborn until about 8 months old. The bottle says you can you at every feeding...but we found our baby didn't need it quite that often.

When I asked my ped about it, she just said, "Don't waste your money - it doesn't work..." But it DID work!!!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If you are breastfeeding your baby may be getting too much low fat foremilk. Try feeding on only one breast a feeding so the baby gets the high fat hindmilk. This is called finish the first breast first. It can help young fussy babies that are gassy.

www.kellymom.com is a good breastfeeding website.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Try gripe water.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 6:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2010