My doorbell just rang

I look out the window and see some guy with a clipboard standing on my front porch. I didn't answer, but I think he saw me looking. Besides the fact that I know that I won't want whatever he's selling . . . I always wonder if they are actually selling something. Maybe I watch too many crime shows, but I never answer the door for strangers. Then of course, the dogs start barking like psychos and woke up the baby from her nap. UUGGHHH I hate when people just ring my doorbell. Do you answer the door for strangers?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never answer the door if I'm home alone unless I'm expecting someone. I'm SO glad my 2 dogs sound like demon hounds. Most people never knock twice. They let me know when the mail is dropped in the mail box, too.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• um, the fedex and ups guys knock then go back to their truck. scares the living out of me!!! but no i dont answer for strange ppl. not even missionaries
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Nope I sure dont....if you dont want people ringing your bell...make a sign and put it on the door saying do not ring sleeping baby...thats what I did and no one rings the bell....you can also get a sign that says no solicitars...yeah i spelled that wrong....
    Anonymous

• I usually do answer the door- however being married to a cop I have loaded guns in the house! :)
    Anonymous

• Yep, I usually answer the door, but I have a locked storm door and a man-eating German Shephard just waiting for someone on the other side of the door to make the wrong move!!! She'd love a chance to show her loyalty.......and most people aren't comfortable with her staring them down and growling, so they make their business REALLY quick!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I use to do door to door sales for Verizon Fios. I do answer the door, but make sure my big ass dog is right there if anything happens. Someone tries to come through that door, and it's all over.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I usually answer the door, but not the screen door. Just an FWI...where I am they said the census people would not be coming around until March or April. There was a report on the news that people were being scammed by people claiming to be from the census bureau, asking for credit card info and social security numbers, which are not questions the census people will ask.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I usually answer the door, but leave the storm door locked. It's usually someone trying to sell something about the house. It's a quick conversation, since we rent.

Them: Are you the homeowner?
    Me: Nope.
    Them: Is the homeowner home?
    Me: Nope.
    Them: Have a nice day.
    Me: You too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I usually will answer the door, but I also have two very loyal dogs that will make ANYONE back off quick, that and the fact that I live way outside of city limits and everyone around here watches out for everyone else and we always notice when there is someone strange wandering about. I have many times noticed at least one neighbor watching my house until whomever it is at my door goes away, and even if they aren't standing outside watching I am confident that they are watching out their windows.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 6:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i sometimes answer it..sometimes i dont..if i do tho, like others say, i have my dog right there next to me..and hes barking so frickin loud i can barly hear what the stranger is asking anyways..lol..and its great because hes a golden retriever, so ppl think aww hes not gonna bite...hahaha i dare ya to try!!! hes very protective of us!! and if its ppl that are pissing me off, i just slam the door in their face! LOL i love doing that!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2010