no education, what is a good starting job while I go to school?

Please do not bash me, I have made some poor choices on top of being handed a bad start to life.
I had to quit school at 16 to support myself. Met my soon to be ex, fell in love, got married, he was doing well enough that when we had our child I became a SAHM and now after 5 years, he has lost his business and things are going bad. He wants a divorce.
What is a good job to look into to support myself and my child? I have to pay rent, daycare, insurance all this on my own now and I don't know what to do until I can get out of school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• While you go to college you can get what's called work study jobs at the college.

Look for a section 8 apartment, rent is based on income. Many colleges have free daycare centers. You and your baby should qualify for medicaid. The community college my sons go to has a large family medical clinic. Many colleges have student health centers. You will be able to get grants and loans.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• you can serve tables, bar tend, clean houses, be a receptionist
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• What are your skills? I strongly recommend contacting a community college and taking Microsoft Office certification classes (at least Word and Excel), along with a bookkeeping class.

Good luck, and congratulations for planning a better future for you and your child.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If you have a love for children, then depending on your state, you can work as a daycare worker. Most daycares offer half off tuition for their employees. This will help with the childcare expense.
    Anonymous

• Go to your PA offce and apply for Displaced Homemaker funding. It is a program for stay at home parents who don't have job skills or education. They will help pay for tuition, books and may help with medical and foodstamps while in school. It's worth checking out. Without an education, you probably won't find a job that will pay all the bills. It's tough for people with higher degrees to get jobs. I have 2 years of college under the belt and I couldn't get hired at McDonalds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• while studying get job experience in your field of study, that way when you are done you have both experience and completed studies I did that and it worked.

Kim176

Answer by Kim176 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2010