Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child tax credit.

if you have kids born in different states, do you received the tax credit from the state you reside in or where they were born?

Answer Question

Asked by piwife at 6:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 16 (2,685 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • In the state u worked in.

    Answer by officerdouglas at 6:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • I looked at the form and I don't see anything that says the state has anything to do with the federal child tax credit. Here is the IRS link.

    Answer by Gailll at 6:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • thanks guys

    Answer by piwife at 6:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Its a federal tax. It doesnt matter where the children were born as long as they are citizens of the US & were in your care for that tax year.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Child tax credit is Federal taxes.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN