how do you punish your kids??

what ages are they? what do you punish them for ? do you let some things slide?

say if your child calls you a bad word and talks back? whats the punishment?

what if your hurts their sibiling and make bleed how would you punish?

everyone has different ways of doing it whats yours? and does it work??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't punish your kids. Punishment doesn't work. Learn effective parenting skills.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Works for kids and husbands!
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We don't punish. We discipline with consequences. It works very well.

With talking back the consequence might be I don't feel like taking my 13 year old to the movies with me (and I'm going to see something she really wants to see), or she might need to do extra chores to restore my energy.

My 2 year old hits someone, then it is so sad he will have to spend a little time in his crib until he is ready to be sweet again.

The consequences vary with age and the child's personality - what makes a point to one child will not be noticed by another child.
    Anonymous

• Grounded from TV, spanking, writing sentences
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• my kids are 3 and 1. i do punish them. when they say bad words i spank them. when they dont listen to me ( like when i tell thm to pick up there toys or anything little) i send them to my room where there are no toys.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 6:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My boys are 11 and 12. Normally their punishments include grounding from video games and computers, early bedtime, and not hanging out with friends. My DD is 5 and her normal punishments are no computer games, time out, early bedtime, or laying down for quiet time.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have two pre-teen girls. Spanking is very effective. I have tried other methods and they either do not work at all or do not work as well.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If you start following through with your threats then they will get the point that you mean what you say and they will listen a whole lot better!! I agree with all of the above consequences too!! We found that if we really follow through on things that cuts down the disobedience a whole lot better!!

Anonymous

• I have a 19 mo old and we get a time out for attitudes, and you would think the world was ending by the screaming that takes place. Otherwise she is popped on the leg or hand not hard enough to leave a mark, but enough to get the point across. Most times she listens and she still has to be redirected when she losses focus when cleaning or doing something. You have to figure out what works best for your children and stick with it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have a preteen son living with high functioning autism, and that doesn't make any difference on how we dicipline him. We dicipline with consequences and it's very effective. It's funny I'm reading this question now, we're doing just that right now! My son was disrespectful to me and DH, so now he lost his library time for Saturday. This is a big punishment for him, he LOVES the library!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2010