Were you ever horribly embarrassed by your parents?

Gosh, I went through that stage bad! It didn't last long, but for a good two or three years I didn't want to be seen anywhere near my parents in the store or at school or in the movie theater. I was always scared they'd say something embarrassing about me to my friends, lmao. (My mom still does, she loves to talk about how I "ran around naked as a toddler". GREAT!)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I was falling asleep at church only 5 (yes, I cared that soon!) and my parents made me stand up the entire rest of the serman...But the pastors daughter used to get called out from the pulpit for picking at her nails or turning around! lol
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• The worst was when I was in HS and had to do a report. My dad took me to the library (this is pre-Internet) for research. I went for my books and came back to find him, standing in the front of the crowded library, with his hand down the back of his pants, in his pants, scratching his butt. Yeah, there were a lot of people there doing their research projects. I look too much like him to deny that he's my dad. Thanks dad!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• yes i was..not to mention all the things my dad did to embarrass me on purpose. He would always make kissy noises any time a boy would walk boy. He came to pick me up from a school dance in his old beat up chevy..and it was poop brown..i wanted to cry! Oh, and when i walked out he was screaming my name like he had a speech inpediment (i don't know if i spelled that right???)....He always did stuff that made me hang my head down and act like i didnt know him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Oh yes... I remember one specific occasion when I was about 15, and got to go out to the local "disco" (yes, I'm THAT old). Anyway, I was supposed to be outside at 1am for him to pick me up. I was inside, making out with my boyfriend, when I saw him come into the place around 12:30am.... IN HIS PAJAMAS! I was mortified! So I hid behind a table, hoping he'd go away. But nooooooo, he went right up to the dj and had him say "will Anouck please come outside, her father is here to pick her up!". I don't think I've ever been as close to wanting to die/kill him as I was that night, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010