Is it normal to feel the baby in my vagina? TMI

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have been on bedrest since 19 weeks because of an incompetent cervix and cervical funneling. I've been hospitalized 3 times for contractions. Last week I had a HUGE gush of blood which the doctor said, after a sono, is from the placenta lifting. I have been having some pains and a lot of pressure inside my vagina and (TMI) if I put my finger inside I can feel his head. I can't touch his head, of course, but I can feel it bulging into my vagina. I can also feel him moving around when my finger is inside. I've had a lot of brown blood coming out over the past few days, but my doctor said as long as it's not red blood it's ok. What should I do? Or is this normal? ANY advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I really think you should call your doctor and go to the hospital.
    It doesn't seem right, idk though, I've never never experienced that.
    Anonymous

• i would say the same call your doctor
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Um. I don't even know if what you're saying is possible...

In order for you to feel your baby's head when inserting your fingers into your vagina...you'd have to 1. be feeling your cervical opening and 2. have dilated a considerable amount.

If you are dilated enough to feel your baby's head bulging at your cervical opening then you need to go to the ER...at 27 weeks gestation being that dilated is dangerous. If you can feel the baby's head and are dilated then there is an almost 100% chance that your water will break soon or you will go into labor.

If you are making this up, you are twisted and need to see a therapist.
    Anonymous

• and futhermore...

if you have told your doctor all of this and he/she doesn't seem concerned, it's time to get a new OB.
    Anonymous

• !. Stop doing self exams- you could be introducing bacteria that can cause a very unpleasant infection in you or the baby, or even start early labor.
    2> Go to the doctor asap, even call the L&D department at your nearest hospital and ask to speak to their on-call ob, explain the situation and ask if they want you in there, like, tonight.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 7:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• OP Here...first of all, I didn't post this question to be judged or called a liar. Why would I make something like this up? I thought the whole point of cafemom was to find a supportive group of women and mothers who could help each other when needed. If you only knew what I have been through throughout this pregnancy, I would think you would feel pretty sh*tty for the way you've acted. My doctors have been telling me for 5 weeks to get used to the idea that there is a significant chance that I will have to plan and attend my own child's funeral. Thank you for the "support" and "words of kindness." This will be my last question to be posted here.
    Anonymous

• I understand exactly what you are going through. I do because I did a google search asking the same question and this is the only thing that came up! So thank you soooo much for asking this question. I thought it was normal.. but I now know that I should def ask my doctor today. I freaked out when I was able to feel my baby via vagina but just thought maybe she is low.. but i guess this isnt normal. thank you so much for your question and please don't be discouraged from asking questions.
    Anonymous