How can I get him to understand that I need his help?

My husband works 84 hours in one week but then has a whole week off the next week. I don't expect him to do anything during his work week, but I am tired of him complaining about me not getting everything done. Every week, I work 50 hours come home, get supper together, pay the bills, clean the house, wash the clothes, take care of our son, take/pick up our son from school, basketball practice and games, help him with his homework, etc. I am behind in everything. It seems like once I get caught up with one thing, I am behind on something else. I need his help, but he doesn't understand it. He thinks my job should be taking care of our son, the house, the bills, and working a full time job. He thinks his job should be working and occasionally playing with our son. I need help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• JMO. You let him do it. Next time he tries to tell you , your not cleaning good enough for him. Tell him he has feet and hands . Get up and do it your self if you do not like the way I do it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Louise2, I have tried that. I went on strike and it came back to bite me in the butt! Thanks for the advice though.
    Anonymous

• Quit your job and tell him he can get a job on his week off so you are able to be a single mom and his maid.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Gaill, I use to be a SAHM, but he nagged me so much because I wasn't bringing in any money. I am beginning to think that he is always going to complain about something. He didn't use to be this way. The Army completely screwed him up. = (
    Anonymous

• Go on strike again. Do only that which you and your son need. The Army should have taught your husband how to function WITHOUT you. If it didn't he needs to reenlist TODAY.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• JMO,,I guess you will just have to keep doing everything your husband tells you then. Sence you are unable to stand up for your self and tell him to get his ass up off the cough and help out. I would not put up with his shit. JMO
    I have told my DH if I work. We both have to help in the house cleaning. If I do not work I will clean the house. Good luck.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• You have two choices.
    1. He starts helping out and you are happy.
    2. Leave him. You are bringing in your own money and do everything anyway. It's like your single, you might as well be.

I hope your relationship works about and he stops being a jacka**, but you do deserve to be happy and have time to yourself.
    Anonymous