good and evil

ok when i was little my mom and dad used to beat me.then i went through a verbally abusive marriage and divorce.and the i was raped.sence then life has sucked.alot of bad relationships with friends.my oldest dd and i dont get along very well.i suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.i asked my dh(the good catholic)what he thinks.he says there is good and evil.for somereason i am attracted to evil in others.or evil in ge neral. i am a good person.i dont bad things.my feeling is to put GOD on the stand and ask him what is going on.i would like to hear some opinions.it doesnt matter what religion.i was brought up protestant but am really open to anything...

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in God, but I do believe some people are capable of some very evil things. And sometimes bad things happen to good people. I don't believe it has anything to do with your worth as a person... And I'm sorry you've had to go through all that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. Yes there is good and evil, there's Satan and God and they're both very real. If you want to learn more then read the bible.

Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 7:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Abuse was imprinted on you at a very early age.  We all unconsciously repeat or seek out the behaviour that we know, whether it is good or bad.  You need therapy to help you move on and away from this cycle. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I agree with beeky.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• ditto on the therapy...
    its not a regligious-reasoning that you need. you need sessions with a professional who will help you get past your childhood atrocities, that taught you to unconsciously (?) seek out people with this behavior. you might have 'learned' that your treatment was normal; thus, when you found yourself in the same, abusive relationships with others, you lived it because that is what you came to know as normal. its not. you need to be made to realize you are worth more than foul treatment from others, whether its from your family or your partner/husband/etc. if the cycle is not broken, you'll continue it. seek professional help, if not for you, for your next generation..for they,too, will see abuse as 'normal'. (this is totally my opinion..hope i didn't offend or step on your toes, or assume too much)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I don't believe in God.. but negative attracts negative.. and positive to positive..
    This doesn't mean that you've done bad in your life.. but what was bad that was done to you, has scarred you in a negative way. The only way to truly get away from the negative is to let it go. To heal your scars. Panic attacks and anxiety only are telling me that you still are a victim to all that's happened to you. Some counseling may help, or learning meditation. But if you ever want to get through to the positive in life, you have to let go of everything negative that has happened to you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• ive been to therapy for 20 yrs....doesnt seem to be helping much.i also read the bible...i actualy feel like i am living the life of job...the only good person is my dh...and my kids...cant forget my dog. nobody seems to be able to help me.i dont understand.i do agree is does have to do with my miserable past.
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You grow up in an abusive family this is why you tend to attract negative people towards you. You can change this but it can take many, many years of hard work. You don't have to resign yourself to being unhappy. Lots of people have lived through tragic or abusive childhoods and have learned to live happy contented lives, you can too but it can take a lot of work. The fact that you are in a healthy relationship now must tell you it is possible to change old habits.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• It is your past that is having an impact on your present. You need to feel like a happy, complete, and whole person all on your own. It's time to put the past behind you and focus on the positive aspects of your life. Drudging up the past with a therapist is going to bring all those feelings to the surface and you keep feeling the same feelings over and over again. I think prayer and meditation is helpful as well. If you want to pm me, I do free life coaching for some ladies on here and wouldn't mind taking you on.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• therapy treats symptoms... God deals with the root and heals. Ask God to come in and heal you of these things, only He can set you truly free. Inner healing is a good thing as it goes to the root and pulls the tree out that is attracting the spiders and the flies. You need a tree that produces fruit that attracting the right thing, birds to nest, bees to extract honey and fruit that will attract people :-)
    The woman with the issue of blood went from dr to dr for years and could never get healed... she in faith reached out and touched the hem of Jesus garment and got healed. It was through faith that healed her. :-) You have that same faith but you must choose to want to be free.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2010