what is the best window treament to get? blindes, shades, etc?

I was thinking of getting roman shades but wanted input on what is best for privacy, lighting, price, etc........

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have roman shades and LOVE them. They are beautiful and add what I believe a classy look. Mine are a dark brown with a gold scroll design. I love them. JCPenney $27 each.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• well i think it depends on what you want them to do (like do you want them to filter the light, make privacy, totally block the light) and also how often are you gonna be putting them up and down.... i always have a hard time picking window treatments too.... so many things to consider lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Anything but blinds are great :)

We did curtains, but the biggest reason was that we have 6 odd shaped windows and to have them done custom to fit in a roman shade would be over 175 per window, not including the install.

The other plus with curtains is that you can make them more casual or formal pretty easily, and you can change them with the decor.

I really like roman shades but I like the drama of drapery
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:30 AM on Jan. 30, 2010