Baby taken to work at 3:00 am

I have a ethical question what do you think about a 19 year old single mom taking her infant out in the middle of the night so the mom can do her paper route.
This mom goes to school during the day which is a good thing.
If it were me I would not be delivering news papers in the middle of the night and I would work a job during the day, the poor baby doesnt sleep all night. Is this something any of you would do? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It amazes me how a person like myself can work your butt off and keep the children well cared for and someone like this gets a free pass, its really something.
    Anonymous

• No, this is not an ethical question, this is an "I am nosey and like to but into other people's lives" question. The mom is obviously doing what she can to provide for the baby and to better herself. Mind your own business!

Anonymous

• I'm guessing it works for her. I had to take 3 small children out in the winter weather to take them to a daycare so I could be at work at 5 a.m. when I worked at the Census Bureau. A mom does what a mom has to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• IMO I think this is trashy and stupid to do with a baby
    Anonymous

• Babies sleep at three in the morning? On which planet? **grin**

You don't walk in this mom's moccasins. Perhaps her school schedule doesn't allow a different job. Perhaps she couldn't FIND another job.

And I haven't met the infant yet that doesn't sleep in the car seat when it's dark.

I have no problem with this and would do it myself in her shoes.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I congratulate the mother on what she is doing to support herself and the baby!! She is a hero in my book. It's better than some lazy butt mom sitting around collecting welfare.. because, because... she just can't work and pay daycare too... boo hoo...
    Anonymous

• In this horrible job market you take what you can get!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• A moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. Hopefully its just temporary until she finishes school. Im just proud that she actually gets up and goes to work and with a baby that's got to be tough. If I knew this girl I would quit posting about it and ask her if you could babysit so she doesn't have to take the baby out in the cold!
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 7:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Trashy? Nice.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• why do you care, she is doing the best to provide for her child. and my kids were neevr asleep at 3 am. and yeah thats bulshit the baby doenst sleep.k most babies if not all love to sleep in the car. nice try
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2010