French Fight AIDS With 120-Foot Flying Condom

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a giant flying condom!

The French have unveiled their latest weapon in the battle against sexually transmitted diseases: a 120-foot condom filled with helium that went on display Tuesday at the Palais de la Decouverte in Paris.

"We want to keep people excited about the brand," says Health Commissioner Thomas Farley, "because we know that condoms protect health."

To be sure, "excitement" is a word one uses advisedly around a condom, especially if it stretches 120 feet long.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/french-fight-aids-with-120-foot-flying-condom/19334762

Do you ever wonder about the French? I do! LMAO!

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 7:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 120 ft condom? Are they concerned that Godzilla or King Kong may catch something?

On a more serious note, one wonders how many free condoms or months of HIV meds the money for that could have bought.
    Anonymous

• OMG, that is F'n Hilarious.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I know, grly, I couldn't stop laughing! Did you check out the picture of the thing? LMAO!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• OK, I lived in Paris for almost 6 months. I NEVER saw anyone who could have even HOPED to wear THAT one, LOLOLOL
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• ROFL 29again.. When were you in Paris? I was there in 1989
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010