Opinions please...

I have a 3month old and my bestfriend is coming up from Alabama ( I live in TN) I haven't seen him since 4th of july 2009. He's got court tomorrow to try and get custody of his daughters. he'll be here around 7 or 8 pm. I'm taking my 3month to meet him tonight and hang out with him for a while b/c i miss him. It's about 40 degrees outside, but my son will be dressed warmly and my car has heat.the problem is i live with my mom and she's bein a b!tch and sayin that i'm not bein a good mom. my son will be fed and always have a clean diaper and comforted if he is fussy. so i don't see what the big deal is.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't see a problem unless you're going drinking. Which isn't likely since he needs a clear head for court.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• As long as your baby is well dressed. It will be fine.

Answer by louise2 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Then mom should offer to watch him for you if she's concerned. Just drive safely

Answer by admckenzie at 8:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• sounds like your mom is being over protective but you'll learn when your baby gets older that its just because she loves you. If it was me though I would go just to piss her off. lol
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 8:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• dress baby warm, bring a blankie, and try to tune your mom out

I had a similar enounter with my mom when my son was a baby and I was sooo mad, try to let it slide of your shoulder

have fun seeing your friend!
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• im going anyway b/c i miss my friend ( i don't have very many friends) and she won't watch him unless i'm at work. i was out earlier and she texted me and told me to come home right then b/c he was fussy and she had a throbbing headache. so she's watchin tv and drinkin beer...throbbing headache? yea right.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• that reminds me of my mom so much! I dont talk to my mom anymore. I have learned over the years my life is so much better without the drama.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 8:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I just got back from cross country skiing with my baby (she rides in a sled I pull behind). She is 7 months now, but I took her brother out skiing in the sled when he was 6 weeks. I've always taken my babies out in the snow (bundled up of course) 40 degrees? Are you kidding me? How does she think little Eskimo babies, or babies in Norway have survived all of these years?
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2010