Help! My Four year old will NOT say in her bed!

We have tried EVERYTHING! She will not stay in her bed! She is not going to sleep until very late! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CindieSDF21

Asked by CindieSDF21 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you find something that works let me know, I ahve the same issue with my 6 yr old
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My middle child is almost 4 and we are battling the same thing. She sleeps for maybe 2 hours and is back up. Its like a power nap. I dont let her have naps throughout the day, for about 5 months now. I don't know how she does it. She runs on like 6-8 hours of sleep and kids are suppose to get at least 8-12 hours. The doctor said that there is nothing wrong with her and that some kids just have different sleep patterns. It could last all the way into adulthood. Thats just my story though. Good luck
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 8:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• AT bedtime, we had to SUperNanny my dd into bed until she finally stayed. SHe wakes up a lot at night and sometimes ends up in bed with us because she can't get back to sleep if she has a nightmare.
    Anonymous

• My daughter used to do the same thing. The Supernanny technique just wore me out. I had to read to her until she fell asleep. Sometimes it would take over an hour. I finally told her that she would get two or three books and that was it whether she was asleep or not. She eventually started falling asleep on her own with no books. Now she gets out of bed in the middle of the night. I can't tell you the last time she slept through the night without getting out of bed. Drives me crazy!
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2010