I got my membranes stripped.

I've been having lots of contractions... They just aren't were the doctors want them to be be at before coming in... They are about 10 minutes apart, and the doctors want them to be 5... they are sooo painful... I've been up all night with them so I'm tired... I know everyone says to walk through the contractions... but I'm so tired and I feel like I'm holding a bowling ball between my legs... I went from 1cm, to 3...

I know everyone is different and there could be chances I don't go into labor at all... I just want to find a different way to get through the contractions, without doubling over cause they are breath taking are HURT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to the hospital. it shouldn't matter if the contractions aren't where the doctor would like them to be. If you are in pain and dialating you can go in. They will call the doc for you and maybe get you some demerol. ( Demerol will take the edge off the contractions, but you will still feel them.) Lamaze breathing if you're one of those anti -drug peeps. Good luck!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Try taking a bath to relax. If you get on all fours during a contraction and rock with your belly kind of hanging down, it changes the way the weight of the baby lays, and it might give you some relief, even though it's temorary. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Seriously, I'd avoid going to the hospital as long as possible. Yes, I'm "one of those anti-drug peeps" (why go a whole pregnancy without even taking an advil and then go ahead and put demerol in your body?) but I would hate for them to say you "aren't progressing" fast enough and then give you pitocin and all that crap until you are so stressed they can get you to consent to a c-section when it's not even a real emergency.
    Anonymous

• Agreed to the last person who commented... I really don't want to go to the hopsital... get pitocin and have a c-section AT ALL!! I'm gonna try that taking a bath to relax, My mom in law told me that it will keep the pain away but can bring on the contractions more? she has 6 kids... so is that true?? at all... I've tried the whole having sex thing.... No idea if that works at all.... I got my contractions close together for about an hour or 2.... and than i ended up falling a sleep from a nap.... and nothing else but 10 minutes apart.
    Anonymous

• i got my mebrane stripped at 38 wks, luckily i was in the labor and d elivery floor tour when i wne tinto labor, my contactions were 5 mts apart. i was send home for 2 hrs and when i return they were 2 mts part but i was still 4 cm dialted. it took me 16hrs from go to 4-10. try walking a lil. bath. getting on all 4. anmd if yoyu can hold off just go to the hospital. some woman can have contactions 10 mts apart and be dailating fast.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Don't let them do it to you again! Don't go to the hospital where who knows what they will do to you. Stop walking around and get in the tub or lay on your left side and rest.

You may have a lot of labor ahead of you and you don't want to wear yourself out and end up with a c-section.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

ok i hadmy mebrane stripped went to hopsital. my labor satll got pitocion later i got and epidutral and had a vaginal birth. just cuz she goes to the hospital it wont mean she will get stripped again. so please dont tell her that.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i think one of the things that can result from getting membranes stripped is irregular contractions and prodromal labor...

personally i would not go to the hospital yet because then they will just want to do even more risky interventions.

gl!
    Anonymous

• make sure that you aren't fighting the ctx. go w/ them. if you fight them, it will just make you more exhausted and won't have much progress. try drinking a glass of wine and relaxing in the bath. when i ctx comes, don't tense up. keep your whole body loose. if you need to make noise, try making a low toned groan and keep your jaw relaxed while doing that.
    where is it hurting? if it seems like it's in your back mainly, try getting on all 4s and rocking. sometimes the position of the baby can make labor harder. if you need to get up during ctx (like i did) try leaning on someone and letting them hold your weight while you rock.
    and stop the walking, it's just making you more exhausted.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2010