Do courtesy flushes work for you or not?

As I am pooping I like to flush it tends to take the smell away too but I hate while the poop is going down the toilet water splashes on my buns...I use to be ok with that but watching a topic on a talk show awhile back they said that when that happens there are alot of bacteria stirring back up and might even reach all the way to your toothbrush...wtf?
Who is correct or who believes this is true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always wipe even if I have to go more and then flush and then finish pooping. I have a huge phobia about toilet water splashing on me!
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 8:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I don't courtesy flush, mainly because I don't want toilet water ickiness splashing me, but it wastes a lot of water too.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I believe this is true. My toothbrushes are put up in a cabinet for this very reason and I don't do courtesy flushes either. I just spray something afterward. Everyone's shit stinks, that's life. I have two boys, a husband, and a dog. The smell is an everyday part of my life. LOL. I know tmi.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Its true,they put fluorescent stuff in the water and used a blacklight to show where it lands,but what are you gonna do? Put your stuff in another room?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I dont courtesy flush for the smell I flush cause I'll clog the toilet up. lol
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 9:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We close the toilet seat lid and then flush. This confines the germs. I hope anyway.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• LOL! This is why I don't clean my butt with my toothbrush!
    Anonymous

• I don't courtesy flush. I wait until I'm finished, close the lid, then flush.

I can't believe I discussed this! :- /
    Anonymous

• It is true that it can kick bacteria up into the air and up onto your toothbrush especially if your sink is right next to your toilet. I don't courtsey flush because I'm usually the only one in the house.
    If your toilet is next to your sink (Mine has a wall between), put the lid down before you flush and then make sure you use disinfectant when you clean your toilet on the lid.
    Check out How Clean Is Your House? - it is a BBC program where the went in to some nasty houses to clean them and actually sent samples from toilets, sinks, toothbrushes,etc out for testing. A Gross eye opener.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Actually, it 's better to endure the smell than it is to flush because, yes, fecal-matter spirals ALL AROUND YOUR BATTHROOM when you flush. Indeed getting on you, your tooth-brush and EVERYWHERE!
    Closing the lid is ideal.
    Anonymous