why call it a medicine cabinet if you shouldnt put your medicine in it?

Where should you put you medicine that is safe and yet appropriate?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Why can't you place medicine in a cabinet? Giving that it is, of course, not a cabinet down low to where the kiddos can get in it. Usually most medicing has to be stored in a cool, dry place, so a cabinet is good for that. Isn't it?
    Anonymous

• medicine cabinets are usually in the bathroom which ISNT a cool dry place but rather a humid place.....
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I think you can store medicine in it. We have two small children, so we put it in the highest cabinet possible so that they can't reach it. We put toothpaste in the medicine cabinet.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Why do they call it a driveway when you park in it? Why do the call it a parkway when you drive on it? I mean really why do they call anything what they do. Where should you put your meds? I put mine in the cabinet over the stove. Nice and high little kids can't get into it and I'm not worried about the older kids because there isn't anything that is street worthy. Another great place would be a small locked safe like one you can keep ammo in. If I ever did end up with something in this house that was street worthy that is where it would go.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Anon 9:13 here....Well we use a kitchen cabinet as a medicine cabinet, so yea, I wasn't thinking about medicine cabinets in the bathroom.
    Anonymous

• I guess years ago they stored them there but now they tell you not a good place. We just put things related to bathroom usage in it..tooth care products, deoderants, lotions, make up...we put the medications in the hall closet in a basket up on the top shelf.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2010