i am 16 and pregnant with my first child any tips?

i am nervouse and scared my parents and boyfriend already know i am just looking for tips and advice thank you

madilynn28

Asked by madilynn28 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• drink milk, take vitamins, eat healthy, no caffiene, good luck and congrats
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• get prenatal care, low birth wieght and early delivery are big problems for teen moms. get support and don't be afraid to talk about things that you are having trouble with. make sure you don't let your child hold you back from at least getting a ged.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• go to all your doctors appointments, try to eat healthy, avoid alcohol, smoking, or other drugs, and try not to get too stressed out.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• oh and by the way. Good for you for having the courage to have this baby and not using abortion as an easy way out! That takes a lot of courage and is the right thing to do!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Are you keeping the baby? If so, I want to commend you for taking responsibility for your actions. Sometimes getting pregnant at a time that isn't exactly convienent can be a tough pill to swallow, but stepping up to the plate and not being a coward and aborting that sweet baby, is a very respectful and mature thing to do. Just remember that YOU CAN DO IT! It is not going to be easy by any means, but you aren't the first 16 year old to get pregnant, and you won't be the last. Everyone is going to tell you your life is over, but its not! It's just beginning! One of my good friends got pregnant when she was 17, our junior year of high school. She graduated, went on to college, and is now in her senior year at a great local university, plays on the varsity soccer team and has even done some modeling. Her little boy is 4 now and everyone is doing great. So it can be done! Hang in there. And CONGRATULATIONS!
    Anonymous

• hugsWhen I first got pregnant I went out and took every parenting class I could find. It didn't make me a perfect mom but it sure reduced a lot of my stress. The more you know the higher your confidence level will be. I agree with the wise words of the previous posters. There are some great books too. Your doctor might give you one. Back in my day it was What to Expect When You Are Expecting. I'm not sure what they recommend now but I'm sure there are many great ones. We're here if you need to ask anything specific or to just know others are out here who care.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Take care of yourself.. Remember everything you put in your mouth will affect your baby. Drink lots of water, get yourself some tums, take your prenatal vitamins, eat your veggies, drink plenty of orange juice, get plenty of rest. I'm sure you will get lots of advice, take it all with a smile and if you're uncertain about the advice write it down and ask your Dr. when you see him or her.. Good luck on your journey becoming a new Mom..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Anon....its amazing to me how just by reading her little question you already know that she was not on BC of any kind and you also know that she cannot afford this baby. Maybe she did use a condom and it broke, or many her BC pills didn't. Maybe she has a lot of money saved up and might be able to afford the baby! Funny how just because she's 16 you know her whole life story. She kindly asked for advice and reassurance. If you can't provide her with any of those than don't answer her question.
    Anonymous

• I so glad you found this site because it can be a great support.  There are groups for young mothers that I hope you join. 

My advice is to read lots of books, eat healthy, rest and take your vitamins.  Good luck and congratulations to you and your baby.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• All the above advice is good. OP, do you see "report this answer" under every question. Feel free to report any answers that are rude.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010