What should DH do? (plz really need help)

DH is stuck in limbo with his job. are they gonna lay him off, aren't they. we make next to nothing. collage was an option but DH made excuses.

OK so I finally found ONE thing DH is interested in, but I need info on it and I'm not sure where to look and what he'll need to do

DH wants to be a cop. anyone who is one can you point me in the right direction to get him on the path to a new carreer?

Thanks bunches!

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• My daughters boyfriend wants to be a cop he starts the program at a local Jr college next week. He has also been checking into police depts ahead of time and had an interview and testing already. Check out the Academy. Most Areas have several. Some police Dept have their own, this one is at the Jr college so check out any colleges you have nearby.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• First of all, you cannot make or chose a career for your husband. He has to show an interest in it... after all, he will be the one who has to do the work eventually. I am sorry you are in this situation, but your husband MUST show an initiative to WANT to work.
    Anonymous

• Well, I actually just asked my brother about this the other day. You have to have at least 60 hours of college and pass a civil something exam. Have him go up there and fill out an application. They have a training program they put them through and it would be a good job for him to have. GL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• What state do you live in? Some states require a Bachelor's degree plus going to Police Academy (or mandate school), while some require just mandate school. There are also other jobs with the police department that don't require you to be mandated. My husband works as a booking officer and has not gone to mandate school. He will hopefully be going this summer though. He has been working for the Sheriff's Office for almost 5 years now. Our city police department will only hire mandated police officers. In our state (Georgia) you can go to certain technical schools and become a POST certified mandated police officer.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We are in PA
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• http://www.ehow.com/how_4531310_become-police-officer-pennsylvania.html

how to be a cop in pa
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010