Babysitting rates

What would you charge per day for babysitting 2 children ages 2 yrs and 12 months 9 hrs during the day? The parents provide meals. Both are in diapers. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd say around $10 an hour. $5 per child.
    Anonymous

• $10 per hr?! that would be $90 per day!! ouch!
    Anonymous

• id say for two kids, 10-20 bucks a day.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 9:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• ooo. depending on the age of the babysitter and her expiriece. a newbie-10 bucks. a fellow mommy or expirienced bbysitr, -20 MAAAYYBBEE 25
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 9:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Would you be doing this every once in a while or will it be every Monday-Friday (or set days each week). If this is going to be a regular thing then I would call a few home daycares and find out about their rates. In my area home daycare rates range from $60-$125 a week per child. Some give sibling discounts, and some don't. If this is just an every once in a while thing then I would charge $5 an hour for the first child and $2.50 an hour for the second child. (This is based off of my area)

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Rates vary depending upon where you live. You also get what you pay for, if you are paid a decent- good rate you are more likely to consistantly interact with the kids and work on educational goals. When people pay the bare minimum, their children probably get the bare minimum experience.
    I charge (for two kids) $30 for the first 4 hours, and $5 an hour after that. So for your 9 hour day $55.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i would get on craigslist and see what sahm's charge for your area and go five or so under that if you're trying to be nice or if it's family cut it in half.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I babysit 4 kids 2 one year olds and 2 4 year olds 20.00 dollars a day 400.00 a week. I think 20 to 25.00 dollars aday sounds fair. The weekends off of course.
    Anonymous