3yr old with Static Hair HELPPPP

My daughters hair always is staticky, i have tried running a dryer sheet over it, I have also tried putting a dab of lotion, neither of them work for me. Any suggestions would be great. Thankyou

catseyez

Asked by catseyez at 9:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you have any Biosilk Silk Therapy or Chi Silk Infusion? This stuff works great! Just rub a dab into her hair.
    Anonymous

• sound really horrible BUT it works put little water on a brush then spay the brush part (the part that touches the hair) with lots of static guard (they sell it at walmart) then brush the little ones hair with it oh and NEVER brush hair while standing on a rug that is jsut asking for static
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have some stuff a co-worker gave me that is for stopping static on hair and clothes (we were always shocking ourselves on the filing cabinet and doorknobs at work). You spray it on your brush before you do your hair and it helps keep static away. It is kind of like a hairspray. I have used it on my girls' brushes too.
    Anonymous

• I use suave kids detangling spray in my daughters hair after her bath and any other time I comb out her hair. It seems to help her!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• you could probably use some oil sheen. just a little bit though because too much would make her hair very greasy. You can find it at walmart or really anywhere in a spray can like hairspray. Its what black girls put in their hair to straighten it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• All the moms gave some great suggestions, but I would also use a humidifier in the house. Having some moisture in the air helps me. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2010