Wii Fit anyone??

Is there anyone who has actually lost some significant weight using the Wii Fit? I am currently loving it, but I am also starting to wonder. Input?!

I didn't have much motivation before it came along. I am one of those people that dosen't like to go to the gym alone. lol...I know, weird! Wii Fit has alot to offer AND is alot of fun. Plus I dont have to worry about going out in public looking the way I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not disciplined enough to do it everyday, so weight loss not really, but I do love my wii fit for sure.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• So say you do get on it everyday for at least half an hour, you think you'd lose some weight then?? Thats my goal anyways...hoping it at least helps me out!
    Anonymous

• We've had a lot of fun with it, but I haven't lost anything yet. In fact, I've gained a pound and a few ounces. I don't get a chance to do it everyday because as soon as I get out the balance board, the kids want to play.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I really think if you kept at it everyday, you'd be better off than not exercising at all, but Wii alone isn't going to be a miracle weightloss solution.
    Anonymous

• Of course, I understand.....I am also trying to change our families eating habits too. More fruits & veggies, less eating out!
    I just got off the thing to take a break after 30 minutes of using it and I am sweating pretty good. Wheeeeeeew!
    Anonymous

• i bought it last year, i did about an hour a day, half hour at nap time and another half hour after the kids went to bed. while watching what i ate, i lost 20lbs in about a month and a half. for me it's more a winter thing, cuz in summer i can walk around the neighborhood, run around with the kids, ect. i got the wii fit plus for christmas this year, but because i've been out of town on vacation we only got started on it a few days ago, and it's way more fun!
    Anonymous

• oh man it kicked my butt today!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have a question about it. I'm thinking of purchasing it. Does it show your weight when you're playing it to everyone that's around?? That's a deal breaker for me!

Thanks in advance!
    Anonymous

• Well, I started Weight Watchers last year in March, and then hubby bought me the Wii Fit in July (I think) and my starting weight was 278 and I weighed in this morning at 216!!! So, yes....if you stay at it and alter your eating habits it really works! I love it! I do alot of the Step-thing (my hubby bought me a Step that you'd use for other workouts and we just put the Balance Board up on top of that for a more challenging workout) and I do the running and aerobics....Good Luck!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You weigh on it daily, but it just shows it that one time is all. It dosen't display it anywhere while you are working out on it though. Plus it does tell you if you went up or down in weight & your BMI.
    Anonymous