ive lost interest in sex....

i never want to do it anymore. i have recently been sick and havent felt like doing. my SO hasnt complained but i know he wants to and i feel bad. is there anything i can do to be more into it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• It depends on how long you have felt this way. Are you feeling better now? Maybe you need more rest or time for yourself. If it continues see a doctor, hormonal levels can effect sex drive.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have been this way for.... about 2 years now. My poor hubby doesnt complain but It sucks all around. We have 2 kids and I am not preggo with #3 so I am very tired at the end of the day. I tell myself that once a week i need to just to do it. And sometime i do it once every 2 weeks. I havent found anything that helps get the sex drive up. I think after i have this baby I will talked to my doctor about it, you should probably do the same. GL
    Anonymous

• Welcome to the club. I have found that when you do it more often, you tend to want it more but getting to that point is tough. Are you on any meds that might suppress sex drive? Let's face it, we don't wake up w/ an erection every day. If we did, we'd probably be more interested.
    Anonymous

• GL. I don't have much interst since I had DS 4 months ago. I feel gross about myself, so hopefully it will change. I've heard women can be low in testosterone. Another symptom is depression.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Alot of it could be stress, illness as you say, hormone loss (like progesterone).. Dont feel bad. It is SO common, yet we are meant to feel bad because men make us fee bad and other women make us feel like we should work harder to please our man, etc etc... well, men need to chill and women need a reality check.

I would say go get your hormone levels checked.. could just need a bit of progesterone cream.. :) Or, maybe emotional you are not satisfied, and that can greatly deplete the want for sexual intimacy. Men need sex to feel loved, women need to feel loved for sex....

good luck.
    Anonymous

• When I'm not in the mood, but the hubby does, he takes it extra slow. Cuddling right away, does some things that we usually don't do (take time to enjoy the licking, nipping), more intimate things. Sex might be slow, but its oober intense. Usually when my sex drive was down there was a lot of stress involved. Take the time to talk to your hubby, get the fears/concerns of your chest, brings ya closer, makes the sex better. But overall don't stress about it. Real relationships aren't based off of sex. Sex shouldn't be a required thing. Sex in general is silly, its intense, oh gosh I'm blushing and giggling just thinking about it. lol . Or you could try doing new things. We started doing more womanly things- talking and being cuddly beforehand, I say its better. For others toys, flavored lubricants- massaging gels, etc . or as much as I hate to recommand them sometimes videos help.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2010