colonoscopy on friday

im have a colonoscopy on friday and im super nervous. i heard the worse part is the prep because you have to drink a drink. any of you ladies had one? how bad is it and how bad is that drink? any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Health

• Never done it but I watched them in nursing school. I'm not sure if it's worse being in front of the screen or at the end of the camera! LOL! Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• omg let's just say the drink does it's job do not leave the house when you drink it besides to go to the dr. it's awful. get a flavored one if you can!
    bobbicroft

Answer by bobbicroft at 12:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yes and it's GROSS!!! try not to puke when you drink it and I know this is going to sound crazy, but get some Vaseline. Your asshole is going to feel like it's on fire after the first few thousand poos!!! IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the Vaseline helps with the burning. Don't make any plans to go ANYWHERE or do ANYTHING during the prep and stay close to the bathroom! Get someone to watch small children unless you can set up a play area in the bathroom because that;s where your going to be for about 16 hours!!!! I shit you not!!! No pun intended!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Haven't had one yet...but I think it's just about time for one. Good luck!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The procedure is easy.  The prep is unpleasant.  My advice is to use a straw when you drink the stuff they give you.  It will help you to drink more and taste less.  Goog luck.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2010