Has anyone ever had any experience with Wilhelmina of PA (the harman agency)? I have heard good things and bad things about the company. What was your experience?

Ive read up on them online and on the BBB but Im torn on whether or not I should take my son to the interview. I guess I might just go check it out...everyone had their own opinion but I just wanted some advice from first hand knowledge. If you have any please share...thanks! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• My adult daughter got a response when I sent them a submission because of an ad in this week's BACKSTAGE. I looked them up and found an interesting thread of a discussion on the BACKSTAGE boards. Here's the link: bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/640104921/m/265105142

From what I surmise, they seem to want to charge for headshots and classes for children. When my kids were younger, we got work in a feature film that made my kids SAG eligible(speaking part) and an audition for Tuck Everlasting (Disney) with pictures I shot myself. That's not to say that you won't have to pay for headshots at some point. I have a friend whose child is represented by Abrams (big agent. she gets national commercials). The agent did refer her to a specific photographer...but her photoshoot runs around 500 dollars. Shots and comp cards included.
    I always thought it was good experience for my children to go to auditions...even "shady" ones
    KnicksFreak

Answer by KnicksFreak at 8:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I took my son there for an open call. They wanted to charge us $1100 to get him started. The place was run half a**ed and the children where not even allowed to use their bathroom. They had to go across the street to the gas station. They had no heat and the only three rooms had the lights on. I was disgusted by everything my son went through that day. She is a disgrace to the Wilhelmina name!!

Def Google both agency names and her name, you will see every negative thing she has done...

Good luck in your quest :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011