1 year old

Does anyone elses toddler have a toilet fetish! My son, if he gets even a split second of a chance LOVES to try and play in our toilet! I try to keep the door shut but we have 5 ppl living in my home and it seems atleast one point of the day someone forgets to shut the door all the way. How did you teach your child the toilet is not for playing in??

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh yeah! I have this weird thing about the bathrooms, It doesnt matter is i jsut cleaned them they are still dirty. So my 2 boys (21m and 3y) arent allowed to "play" in the bathroom at all! They go in there to potty, brush teeth, wash hands and take a bath... thats it! I am very vocal about people keeping the door shut when people come over. My MIL said my DH flushed a bar of soap and a rag down the toilet and flooded the house, so I really done want that happening to me. LOL But all kids like the toilet at some point, they are just fasinated by it. Totally normal!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Thats exactly what my son does. and little chance he gets he is speeeding off to the toilet! Seriously everyday! He sneaks off so quietly that sometimes i dont even know he is in there. Lol. For sure a normal 1 year old act.
    EthansMommy1120

Answer by EthansMommy1120 at 5:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2010