Dont ask dont tell

Repeal good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• More worried about the economy and things right now to be honest..but im not for the repeal..it was a liberal who enacted it in the first place by the way...The reason I am not for it is because imo it will do more harm then good for our military and see liberal activists do not care about that anyway..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Only if they can do it safely. Repealing it on paper doesn't help much if it means servicemen and women will be harrassed into quitting as soon as they come out. There needs to be serious punishment in place there, which then leads to the whole team building, is someone getting special privilege, etc etc. It needs to be done, I'm just afraid it's going to be a very ugly and occasionally bloody process.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I would rather have a job, myself.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I hear you can get one if you follow the stimulus money. It'll only last 2 weeks, and your unemployment benefits will be completely hosed when you're let go on week 3, but at least you'll count as a job created and that's all that matters, right?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I do not have a problem with someone being gay. However, I think there are some practical matters that need to be considered before it's repealed. The Navy in particular has very close quarters. You literally live with 80 people in one space, stacked literally inches from each other. There is NO privacy. I KNOW that just because you are gay means that you are going to be attracted to every person of your sex - just as straight people aren't attracted to everyone of the opposite sex. But, just as you wouldn't put men and women in the same berthing, because, hey, they're all adults, and that doesn't mean they would be attracted to each other or doing inappropriate things, the same applies to gays.

Yeah gays serve now. But this policy is in place to respect everyone's right to privacy. You wouldn't expect a woman to dress, sleep with, or shower with a straight man. Don't ask military to do it with openly gay.
    Anonymous

• UGH - SORRY SORRY SORRY -

I'm the anon poster above. I was answering a question here and had a typo - a BIG BIG BIG ONE. That SHOULD say -

I KNOW that just because you're gay, it DOESN'T mean that you're attracted to everyone who's your gender.

Sorry about that!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Don't ASK, Don't Tell...NEEDS TO GO NOW~~~

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Shouldn't the GAY SOLDIERS get a chance to SPEAK for themselves? They are volunteering their LIVES for our country...

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1554893/Will_GAY_troops_have_a_say_in_Don_t_ask_Don_t_Tell

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Honestly, most people I know that are serving or have served already knew who was gay and who wasn't. The only thing that don't ask don't tell achieves is the people confirming what everyone already knows.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• * not confirming
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010