what else can be done?

my 3 year old son will leave the electrical sockets alone! we have tried everything that we can think of... timeouts, a swat on the bottom ( better than him losing his life ) we have tried the covers too but he can take them off! plz give me some suggestions!

lamom2aj

Asked by lamom2aj at 11:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How can he get those covers out of the sockets? I would just keep swatting his bottom until he makes the connection. Don't feel bad for doing it mom. You are doing what's right.
    Anonymous

• just pick one punishment and be consistant with it. but anyway.... maybe you could send him over to my house.... it always takes me like an hour to get those covers out! how does he do that?? lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I can't even get those things off. Are they too old and loose? They make different shapes and sizes so try a different kind.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• buy the screw in plate cover from a hardware store so you slide to plug in any plug. That will fix it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• yea I agree with truealaskanmom .... I can't get them off without breaking at least two fingernails lol
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• swat him on the hand right when he reaches to touch it . with a firm NO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I know most won't agree, but,... when you see him going for it, you walk over to him as he is about to touch it and you pop his hand and say no firmly. Keep him right there though. Then, you tell him to touch it. When he tries, pop a little bit harder and say no a little bit louder. Keep doing it over and over until when you ask him to touch it, he says no. Then you try to put his hand on it yourself. If he goes for it, do the little pop then no again. Keep it up until he yanks his hand back and tells you no. It may take 30 minutes, but, it's worth him not getting shocked or electrocuted..LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2010