I would like to know?

I would like to know how people keep there house nice clean and in order all the time. And how people become neat freaks. How do you keep your house nice and clean and fresh all the time? Thanks ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I wonder that myself. I imagine they prioritize and organize and never get any sleep! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• lol - it depends on the age of their kids, and it also depends on what you mean by cleaned all the time. One way is to sort of stay on top of it, and, depending on the age, let the kids do stuff, too.

So, like, if you have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old, and they have toys out all over the place. You can get a tub for them, and make a game out of racing to see how fast you can get all the toys in the tub, and there you go, the room is tidy again. Or, you can leave them until you can pick them all up, and arrange them all neat and tidy on little shelves, in which case, they're probably going to stay there awhile, waiting for you to get the time.

But if you want to get more organized and have your house smell nice and all of that, do a search for Flylady - she's GREAT at getting people (and their houses) more organized and clean :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• its a never ending fight w/ picking up kids toys and telling ppl to take there shoes off its exhausting i settle for half clean ;a little untidy is not bad
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Why do you want to be an anal-retentive nutbag?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm a SAHM. I don't spend my whole day cleaning and doing housework. But, my house is relatively clean and tidy. There are areas that could be better, but it's not chaos and clutter.

First of all I don't have a huge house and I think that makes a difference. There is just less space to keep clean and tidy. We tend to clean as we go and put things back when we are done using them. I keep up with all the little messes that are made throughout the day (kitchen gets cleaned up after every meal; I declare toy clean up time a few times a day when things are getting out of hand or when we switch activities). I do a lot of my housework in 10-20 minute spurts throughout the day. Any big jobs that have to be done without kids under foot I do on the weekends when my husband is home.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Well, first I think that if you are a "neat freak", it tends to be in your personality naturally. I never made myself a neat freak per say, but I always want my house to look neat. I don't feel I am OCD about it, but I do want it to look in order. Things that have worked for me to make it easier: I have a 6 yo, 4 yo, and 3 yo, so they pick up what they get out. They can get one toy out at a time, then put it back when they are done. They are not allowed to "destroy" the house, and have things out all over the place. I have them pick their own shoes up, make their beds (to the best of their ability, then I fix the rest of it:) ), they can help me clean, cook etc. I find it's easier to get most of my stuff done before noon time too. I don't really have a schedule though, like cleaning my bedding on a Tues. of every week, or the floors on a Wed. When something needs cleaning, like dishes I just clean them.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 8:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• My house is never neat and clean and perfect. My house is always a disaster zone. I'm a sahm of 4 and it just doesn't happen! Even when we have a big family cleaning day, we never have the whole house looking good at once - just doesn't happen! Maybe if I worked full time and my kids were at daycare all day my house would look good - because it wouldn't be lived in! I figure it this way - I'll have plenty of time to keep my house spotless when my kids are grown and have their own places - until then, my house WILL look lived in, because we live in it 24/7!
    Anonymous

• Easy, have less stuff, never eat in any room except your dining room, don't buy knicknacks that you have to dust or put up pictures or have pets or children for that matter. Oh, and don't wear your shoes into the house and put those plastic cover thingys on the furniture and never cook in the house and only drink water so as to avoid the potential of spilling & staining carpet or furniture.....Ummmm, that's all I can think of right now.....LOL
    Anonymous