Does anyone know if biracial kids complexion depends on the father if the mother is white? Like If your child is really light skin, and the father is darkskin, is this rare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Um...it's all random genetics there is no formula to figure skin tone. The darker the father is the more likely the child is to be darker skinned but really their tone could range from pretty to light to as dark or darker than the father.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• sorry its all about genetics
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I know several biracial people with white mothers that are very light skinned. It's all about genetics. My cousin is married to a man originally from Nigeria. He is very dark skinned. 2 of her children are very dark with dark hair. Her youngest is very light skinned with coarse blonde hair and Moms Blue eyes. It just is what it is.
    Anonymous

• no it's alot like eyecolor! which can mean that even a biracial child depending on what genes they get from both parents can be very light! it's hard to say with all of the mixes we have nowadays that one child should be lighter or darker than another. or have different kinds of hair or anything like that really. it's just a craps shoot now. you can see more here:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090927173611AALKjef
    http://boards.mulatto.org/post?id=1646235&trail=30
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• it just depends. i have seen it all. it just depends on whose genes are stronger.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• it s different for everyone. I know someone where the mom is black, dad is white, dd came out white as can be, straight blonde hair, blue eyes. People think that she is her dd's nanny, lol.
    Theres me and hubby, he's black, i'm hispanic, yet our son came our very very light skin with green eyes. so it completely depends.
    Anonymous

• I'm very dark and my dd looks like shes white. My husband is italian but my son is dark. Its genetics. Check out my pics to see what I mean :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My husband is a really brown mexican. I am really pale white. Our daughters are really white looking. One of them has darker hair like his but she is still very white. And they both have light eyes like me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• my dd is my skin tone may b even a little liger and her father is very . very very dark lol soooooooo idk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I agree its purely genetics. I'm white my b/f is black and pretty dark at that. Both my children are very fair, they do not look mixed at all. Not right now anyway. My b/f's older daughter from a previous relationship was the same at birth and didn't get darker until she was around 3 yrs old. Now she looks tan all year round... it all depends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2010