NORMAL?

every other night when we get ready for bed and lay my daughter down she has to have her juice in a sippy cup but after she has fallen asleep about 5 mins she will toss and turn then sit up and throw up My husband thinks its an act or rebellion from not wanting to go to sleep any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We don't give our kids juice at all, just milk and water and it stops at 7pm, an hour before bed time. Milk and juice are sugary and will ruin their teeth at night after the brushing.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• You can't rebel in your sleep, it's a willful act. Could it be reflux? My son has done that with milk when he's gotten way too full. Sometimes he just gets choked up. It doesn't happen that often, but NO, it has nothing to do with not wanting to sleep. Don't make a big fuss of it, just clean her up and back to bed. PS-One thing that we did was to double-sheet the mattress (for potty training, but it also helped in these instances as well) where I put a mattress pad, then a fitted sheet, then another mattress pad and another fitted sheet and then his comforter. (Extra comforter under the bed.) So when he has an accident in the night, I can quickly take the soiled bedding off & the new bedding is already there. Whip the comforter out from under the bed, and he hasn't had enough time to "wake up good" and goes right back to sleep. Maybe cut back the juice by 1/2, and/or water it down. Just a thought. Sorry for your DD. HTH.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• A sippy cup with juice at night is a recipe for dental disaster. After you brush her teeth at night, she should only have water.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2010