Where were YOU?

Where were you during the Lost Decade? What were you doing? Were you lost as well?

29again

Asked by 29again at 12:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The "Lost Decade" was a period of peace and prosperity in my life. Hardly lost. It's the new decade I'm worried about.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We must be living in an alternate universe, that is the ONLY thing I can figure...  confused

(We need a sweetpea that says it's Bush's fault, don't ya think?)

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I was at school for most of the 90's. I mean if you are talking about the Lost decade as in the Japanese asset price bubble burst during the 1990's.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Hmm. Well, the "Lost Decade" sounds a bit better than the "aughts" which is technically what 2000-2009 are supposed to be called.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yes Wanda, we do need that! It takes soooo long to type it all out, ya know!! LOL

Crissy, O refered to OUR lost decade. Trying to find out what everyone was doing then. I know that I was better off then than I am now, LOL.

gdia, do you think that is what O meant? I'm not really sure!!

Thanks for answering! I guess everyone else was "lost in the aughts" (that sounds pretty good, and it even rhymes!!)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• lol.. 29. I thought he said THE lost decade so I was confused as well. The Japanese asset collapse was the only :Lost Decade" I could remember.lol I guess since he said our I am gonna go with what gdia said.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• So, the years before BO came into office, he takes it upon himself to name" The Lost Decade"? I would hope his supporters wouldn't let him get away with that type of arrogance. I am with Crissy, I am hoping he is referring to Japan's economic woes of the 90's.  Many economists have comapred Obama's stimulus to Japan's 90's economy......

But, he IS just that vein to think the nation immediately became better when he entered office.. Afterall, like he told Dems who were worried about pushing Healthcare through," the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Well... 00-01 was my senior year in high school. After that was working and college. 03 I got married. 03-07 I worked full time and worked on my marriage. 07 I had an amazing baby boy!! 07-10 I have been a sahm watching my baby boy grow and learn and taken care of my guys.... Guess I was too focused on my family to notice I was lost!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Didn't know we were lost. Isn't that a tv show??????
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Which decade? I didn't watch....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2010