dialating?

I am 34 weeks preg. and have been having VERY sharp pains in my vagina. This is my second preg- first was born at 39 weeks. I had the ligament pain (sharp vaginal pains) with the first, but this time they are happening in conjunction with braxton hicks contractions and are occur much more frequently. My next dr. appt isn't until 36 weeks (Feb 10).
IYO, do you think I may be dialating? Thanks. I am comparing everything to my first preg so I am kinda' freaking out thinking i may be on the brink of labor onset. In addition to these pains I am also very nauseaus and clammy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be or not and you could dilate for weeks. Also why is it that you don't have an appointment until 36 weeks it should be weekly at this point. I would try and get seen if you are worried.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• no i don't think weekly appts are typical at 34 weeks. i think i did weekly appts starting at 36 weeks. i'm sure every provider does things differently. maybe i did every other week at 34, 36, but i'm not sure.

for the question, are these tightenings/pains coming like every 3 minutes, or are they spaced out and irregular? if they are coming every 3-5 minutes for an hour, i would definitely call my midwife/OB!

it's really hard to tell if anything is making you dilate. sometimes women won't feel any kind of contractions/pains and be dilated in late pregnancy, and sometimes they will feel loads of BH contrax and not be dilated. even if you are dilated, you could stay that way for weeks, even months.

i wouldn't worry as long as these feelings are spaced out or irregular.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• with my last pregnancy i did the same thing and i wasn't dilating. My due date was Christmas eve of 2009 and i started to dilate in Sept of 2009 cause of the pressure of having twins. i took it easy a little bit like the dr.s said to and by oct i was dilated to a 2 and deliver the girls on nov 24,2009. so if u r worried about call and talk to the nurse about it. that was my only pregnancy that i had that problem.
    crazymother06

Answer by crazymother06 at 5:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2010