Freeze bread?

Can you freeze bread? Like regular store bought white bread and buns? For how long and do you need to put it in any other container or anytihng? thanks :)

Bran6903

Asked by Bran6903 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• not sure how long but I used to do it all the time. (we don't do it anymore because we don't eat bread anymore)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I used to do it all the time, not as much now. I would buy my bread at the breadstore and buy enough to last a month and it was fine in the bags the loaves came in. I kept some for up to 2 months, past that it doesnt come out well when it thaws.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Bread freezes well, especially more dense, whole grain breads.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I have been freezing bread for years. It takes about 30 minutes to thaw a loaf. I don't like to freeze buns - they aren't the same after being frozen.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I freeze them all the time. I'll be stocking up on both this weekend - our favorite bakery is having an amazing sale! I freeze them in the bags they come in, and it lasts quite a while - I've had bread in my freezer for as long as 6 months and it was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2010