sushi while prego?

Its already been said and done but i had raw and cooked sushi while prego with my son. he is now 18 months old and mentally he is above all his milestones but physically i am a little worried the raw sushi eating i did while prego could have caused him to be tiny like he is not even 20lbs yet. he was 7lbs 1 oz when born and 19 1/2 inches long but had a slight fever when born but after that was and is perfectly healthy, just wondering if anyone knew or heard anything that can cause weight problems down the road for babies caused from raw sushi??? i ate at one of the best places so the seafood quality was excellent and fresh as can be... and IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO CRITICIZE AND SAY MEAN THINGS ABOUT IT PLEASE DONT RESPOND, I DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT.thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I ate sushi like once a week while pregnant and both my kids are above average in size.
    my kids definitely get their size from their daddy LOL I'm only 5'3", he's 6'4"

I don't think the sushi had an affect on his size at all.

and BTW both my toddlers are quite advanced for their ages too. They say fish is brain food ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The sushi has nothing to do with that at all, the reason they say to stay away from raw sushi is it can have parasites if not kept cold enough, and that can make you very sick which in turn can cause issues with an unborn baby. Eating cooked sushi is fine, I do it and it is considered good for the baby no worries you didn't hurt him, some kids grow at different rates.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It's so funny what we get paranoid about. I was convinced, even though I had an okay from my doctor, that painting the trim in the baby's room is what causes my son to put everything on his head. Truealaska is right, is about not getting any sort of food poisoning or whatever other sicknesses you can get from raw food. I heart sushi so much, it's hard to stay away. In fact, I want right now! But kids do grow different. I swear my 16 month old has been 30in for 4 months, and he shot up 9in his first year. Do compare him with others, it will make you crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2010