kinda of T.M.I

this is kinda T.M.I so sry if it bothers anyone, buti had my baby 9 days ago, & ever since yesterday my pads have had black blood that kinda smells like a chemical like bleach, has this ever happen 2 anyone, or should i contact my doc?

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 1:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

• I cant remember the smell, but i do remember alot of dark and heavy blood, its just part of the after birth deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The same thing happened to me. Its completely normal. I had to wear the depends pad after I had my lil one bc I bleed so much an passed so many clots the size of golfballs if not bigger and regular pads were not enough..lol..Its normal though. :)Congrats on the new lil one..
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• the dark blood was normal for me, it's because it's old blood still coming out.

the smell - amonia from bladder issues that you may not even notice that can happen during labor. Drink more water to dilute it more, do you kegal exercises.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yep, I agree. Totally normal unless you are bleeding excessively. That's what wouldn't be normal. But the dark blackish stuff - I call it "crud blood". LOL
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2010