Why do people have a beef about my Bi-Racial Baby?

My DD is half Hungarian/German *me* half Mexican *DH* and i walk into a gas station to grab some munchies and this B**** comes up to me and says "This baby is an abomination and you should just have her go back where she belongs, the 3rd world country" I was SO pissed and I told her she needs to go back to the 50's where she came from. MY question is, WHY do people feel the need? And when you feel the need, why dont you just keep it to yourself? And has any1else had any similar situations?

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 1:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've never had this situation happen to me. Although when I was pregnant I wasnt able to wear my wedding set and I had a lady and man tell me my child was going to be a bastard child being born and me not being married. Needless to say never piss off a pregnant women who indeed is married. I had my rings on a chain around my neck..I think ppl are just stuck in their ways an cannot accept ppl for who they are and feel the need to lash out on others to try an make themselves feel better. They go to church on Sundays to repent their sins, then they go out and do it all over again. Some ppl are just stupid..I'm sorry you had to endure that..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Wow. Where are you from? I've never been told anything about my children's ethnicity - they're half white, half mexican. Its a fairly common mix here. I'm in California, btw.

You really can't fix stupid. So sorry you have to listen to people like that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Wow, what a bitch. I have never my baby isnt bi-racial. I don't understand why someone would do that. Its not like you asked her for her opinion.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm outraged for you! I have 3 bi-racial nieces and nephew and that just speaks ignorance and racism! My sister had to explain to her kids that some people were afraid of people who were different than they were, and that they (the kids) weren't to blame. I'm so sorry that happened to you!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry that happened to you.

pure ignorance from the other people. Ignore it the best you can. Maybe point out to the next person that their heritage is not all from the same country either. I'm cadian, irish, german, polish, native american, and lots more. America is a melting pot, we're all mixed here :)
    Anonymous

• I was born and raised in Cali too, but we live in Arkansas.....Thats the thing, its common here too. So its totally unreasonable either way!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry. I don't believe you. People don't just walk up and insult babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Anon 12:34pm-I'm sorry. I don't believe you. People don't just walk up and insult babies.

Umm, yes, they do, and they have to my 4 y/o nephew as well. Just because you've never HEARD of it happening doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Its not even the first time its happened!!! It happened when I was pregnant and with my DH too!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I have 2 half mexican kids & nobody has ever said a word to us about it. Glad I dont live in your town.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2010