Does anyone have a premmie baby

My son is 3 months old and premature and I have a daughter that is 5 yrs old but wasnt born premature. Im having a hard times with things. I seem to worry alot with my son about he is okay and so on. Im just really stressed out and at night i tend to get depressed. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to relax and stop worrying. My son was born at 26 gestation at 2 lbs 2 oz. He is home but i tend to over worry about things since he is premature . How do i handle this and stop stressing sooo much. I never know how hard having a premmie baby is so hard. My husband helps me alot but i feel like im all alone in all. I just dont know what to do with myself . I hope this all gets better in time.

vickrn0718

Asked by vickrn0718 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hugs for you my Dear!! Who doesn't worry over this? At yahoo is a nice preemie groupo. Look it up and join! Maybe there's a group here too? I'll tell you some things I know! I know of a Friend's DD. She was born 24 Years ago weighing 12 oz. The size/weight of a can of soda! She's a healthy happy Young lady! Our Sweet precious Michael was born at 30 Weeks! When DD went into the ER. Theyt did an ultrasound & told her to go home, Her Baby Died. She was a young new first time mom. She didn't listen and got admitted and Michael was born the next day! He's going to be 5 in May! This is common. No parent doesn't worry any way! So join groups! See if there's groups from the hospital Etc.. Most of all, Enjoy your precious new Miracle Baby! Congrat's Best of Luck!! When Michael was born there were NO preemie clothes! Now they're Everywhere! Another neat thing is they stay little longer and wear their clothes longer. It gets better.GL.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• My DS is a preemie (9 weeks early) he weighed 3lbs 4 oz and was 15.5 inches long and now he is 6 weeks, 3lb 15oz and 17 5/8 in long and I worry ALL the time. My DH and I get up randomly through out the night to watch him breathe and sleep just to calm our nerves. It is difficult having a preemie but it is also such a blessing. As far as worrying and stressing we will be doing that for the rest of our lives now that we have brought little Miracles in to the world. We need to enjoy them while they are young and love them the best we can. Feel free to email me if you would like @ amygraves21@yahoo.com or here on CafeMoms.
    Amy
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 3:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2010