About W-2

I have recieved one of my two W-2 for the year. i am waiting for my second one that is only four HOURS of work at 8.00 dollars an hour. Do I have to wait for it or can I file my taxes with the W-2 that I have, this is were I worked most of the year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I worked at a place once for only a few hours. I only got paid like 12 bucks. I never even cashed the check. They sent me a w-2 & I threw it out & never filed it. That was about 18 yrs ago so I figure if they were going to "get" me for it, they'd have already done it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• if you know it's $8 you can put that on without having th w-2 itself especially if you efile. Or you could leave it off. Doubt it would be a big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• If you earned less than $600 from a single source, you do not need to report it.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It's law that they have to have the info to you by the 31st so why not just wait a few days?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• If it is that small of an amount they may not send you a w-2 they dont have to under a certain amount and you dont have to use it under a certain amount
    I worked 2 days for a nursing angency for a total of like 13 hours, I didn't claime it on my taxes, I didnt make enough with it to need to
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2010